Maica Laminates Company Profile
It all began in 1968. Two people came together with one idea in mind, and a new factory was built in the Mak Mandin Industrial Estate, Butterworth. It was one of the first factories in the industrial estate and still stands with full grace even today as one of the most preferred high pressure decorative laminates manufacturer in the world.
- The first High Pressure Decorative Laminates manufacturer in South East Asia.
- The first Compact Laminates manufacturer in Malaysia.
- Headquarter is located in Lunas, Kedah.
- Continuous ISO 9001 certification and renewal since 1995 with the latest renewal in 2018.
- Industry Service Excellence Award, by the Institute of Interior Designers
- Interior Products Award for MAICA Compact Wall Lining, by the Institute of Interior Designers.
- Honorary mention for Interior Product Award for Maica In-Print HPL, 2006.
- Silver Award, Open Booth Category at Malaysia's Interior Lifestyle Showcase 2008.
- Silver Award, Best Booth Award, Open Booth Category at ARCHIDEX 2009.
- Singapore Green Label since 2009.
- GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD GOLD since 2010.
- Maica has been delivering maiAnti-Bacterial products upon request by customers since 1968. Official launch as a standard in all products in 2012.
- maiMAG publication since 2012.
- Industrial Member of Malaysia Green Building Council in 2012 with membership no IDP 0077.
- Forest Stewardship Council Chain of Custody obtained in 2015.
maiMemberships & Green Building Compliance
As an ecologically responsible manufacturer, Maica Laminates supports the effort of the Malaysia Green Building Council (MGBC) and the Green Building Index.